Monday, August 20, 2012

Loud & Quiet Story Time

This was a challenging story time to control. I had a large group (48 peeps) and they were not really interested in the quiet aspect of my theme. We did practice the sign for quiet many times and this helped.



The Quiet Book by Underwood

Too Loud Lily by Laguna

Noisy Nora by Rosemary Wells

Loud and Quiet by Bullard

The Loud Book by Underwood

The Loud Family by O'Neal


Quiet Little Mouse Fingerplay
Here's a little quiet mouse. (hand in a fist)
Living in a quiet little house. (tuck in thumb)
When all was quiet as could be.
Out popped he. (thumb pops out)

Thanks to Mel's Desk

Loud and Quiet Movement
Quietly, quietly not a sound
I'm listening and listening
As I look around.
No sounds as I nod (nod head)
No sounds as I clap (clap hands)
No sounds as I tap my hands on my lap (tap)

Loudly, loudly stomp and clap
Loudly, loudly stomp and clap
Loudly, loudly stomp and clap
All that noise, well fancy that!

Thanks to Preschool Storytime Outlines

The Usuals:
Wheels on the Bus
Shake My Sillies Out
ABCs
Counting Rhyme
Rock-a-Bye YOur Bear









No comments:

Post a Comment