Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sleep Theme Story Time

Stories ( I do 2 story times using 3 books each)



Cover image
Little Quacks Bedtime by Lauren Thompson



Moonlight by Helen Griffith





















Theme Rhyme:
I went to bed and tried to sleep,
But somebody put_____ shoes on my feet.
We are to act out the activity that corresponds to the kind of shoe.
I tried running shoes, basketball shoes, heavy shoes, sticky shoes, skates, snow boots, and quite shoes. Everyone looked at me like I had 2 heads and nobody participated. I just said, " Ok, let's move on the shakey eggs." and that got everyone's attention. I will probably not try this one for awhile. I though it sounded cute and it came from the SRC 2012 Dream Big Read binder,
guess not :-(

3. Goodnight Moon by Brown*
4. Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site by Dusky
5. Goodnight, Goodnight by Rice*
6. Time to Sleep Sheep the Sheep by Mo Willems*
*Indicated the big hits.
Welcome Rhyme: Hello Friends
Theme Rhyme: see above
Story #1
Song: Wheels on the Bus
Song: Shake Out Your Sillies
Rhyme: Two Little
Story #2
Song: Shaky Eggs
ABCs
Counting Rhyme: I was brave and put 10 finger puppets on all ten of my fingers and sung "There were 10 in the bed and the little one said move over, move over" To my surprise all pupplet stayed on my fingers until they were kicked out of bed.
Rhyme: My Wiggles
Story #3
Closing Song: Rock-a-Bye Your Bear




No comments:

Post a Comment