Thursday, July 12, 2012

Frog Theme Story Time


Cover image
Stories (Because of a holiday, I did 3 story times this week 3 books each I used Hop Jump the Croaky Pokey each time because they are so awesome!)
1. Froggy Plays in the Band by Jonathan London
2. Fribity Ribbit by Johnson
3. The Croaky Pokey by Ethan Long*
4. 999 Tadpoles by Ken Kimura
5. Hop Jump by Walsh*
6. Frog Sings Songs by Winer

*indicates big hit.
Welcome Rhyme: Hello to Friends
Theme Rhyme:
Croak said the frog, (make croaking sound)
With his golden eyes. (fists up to eyes)
Sitting in a lily pad,
Catching flies (grab air with hands)
I have a sticky tongue, (stick out tongue)
It's as fast as can be.
I catch mosquitoes, 1-2-3. (hold up fingers 1-2-3)
Story #1
Song: Wheels on the Bus
Song: Shake Out Your Sillies
Rhyme: Two Little
Story #2
Song: Shaky Eggs
ABCs
Counting Rhyme: 5 Little magnetic Frogs, just count them.

Rhyme: My Wiggles
Story #3
Closing Song: Rock-a-Bye Your Bear



No comments:

Post a Comment